Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My New Digs

Ubud has such a different pace than Balian. Alicia, our teacher, told us repeatedly - enjoy this time together in Balian, Ubud will be completely different. From my previous time here it was hard to wrap my brain around. I recalled the peaceful rice fields and drifting gamelan music. How could Ubud not be even more serene than the surf alcove of Balian?

She was right though. Although the rice fields surround our hotel property and musicians sound out their art next to me as I write this, the city is here and alive. Our rooms are more spread out, karma yoga tasks have begun, and individual errands take us in different directions. It's not better or worse, just different. (I wish I could attach an audio file to this post. The music is really quite lovely, and will always remind me of Ubud.) My room is beautiful and quiet - save the ever present night sounds of cicadas, frogs, and the lively water running through the channel on its way to the fields.


No comments:

Post a Comment